1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Made a mistake with Hertz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DDC, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DDC

DDC Thread Starter

I was messing around with my Hertz on Video Settings, I think I set it too high. Now I am getting this message every time I turn on my computer and it gets pasts the Windows XP Loading screen.

"Attention: Out of range. H:116.3Hz V:139.9Hz"

Is there any way to restore the default setting without actually going into Video settings via desktop? As that is impossible for me. I tried the monitor settings (the buttons on the front of the monitor), but didn't see anything to do with Hertz.

2. norton850

norton850

Can you boot up in safe mode and make the changes?

3. DDC

DDC Thread Starter

When I press F8 upon startup...it doesn't take me to the screen where you can go into safe mode. Instead, it has me deciding where I want to boot windows from (floppy, cd, harddrive).

The only way I could boot in safe mode before was by doing msconfig.

4. norton850

norton850

Choose to boot from the HD and see if you then go to the options screen. If not try the process again hitting F8 after you make your boot device choice.

5. DDC

DDC Thread Starter

I got it to start in safe mode. Now what do I do? I tried changing the Hertz settings but all that comes up is "Use the default setting", or something similar. I clicked on that and hit apply and then rebooted and I got the same message as before.

6. DDC

DDC Thread Starter

I went to the options screen and booted it in safe mode. Unfortunately I am stuck there.

7. EasY_TargeT

EasY_TargeT

while in safe mode try uninstalling your video card drivers. This shoulda reset your Hz. Restart then try booting up normally.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice