Made BIG Error when Changing EPSON 880 Cartridge!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gary R

Black ink cartridge reached empty, so I started to put new one in, HOWEVER, I wasn't thinking, & took the COLOR cartridge out instead :eek:
I immediately replaced the Color cartridge, then installed the new BLACK cartridge. Printer works ok BUT.... The ink indicator for the COLOR cartridge reads FULL, and its actually only about 1/2 full!
Can the indicator be reset to give the proper reading for the color cartridge, or should I just take the OLD color cartridge out & install a new one :confused:

When the OLD color cartridge is finally empty will the printer's flashing lights in the front panel show it?

Gary, unless it is a VERY critical printer I wouldn't worry about it at all. You will know when it is empty by wasting 1 sheet of paper. That is allot cheaper than 1/2 a color cartridge. :)

Gary: As far as your printer knows, you have installed a new color cartridge. I doubt very much that the 'Ink Out' light will flash when the cartridge goes empty. As Skivvywaver (with a capital S) says, you probably will waste a sheet of paper when it goes dry.
There is a way to reset the chip, and you may find it at 'fixyourownprinter.com'.
(I wish I could figure out how to put that URL in one word)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online