1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Madisonburger

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Madisonburger, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madisonburger

Madisonburger Thread Starter

I hope someone can help me!! My mother has her laptop connected to her 19" HN199D Hanns-G Monitor. The monitor on her laptop comes up fine, but the monitor that is connected to it reads "Out of Frequency"

I was thinking it may be a cable, but she pulled up one of her e-mails, opened it (it was a slide) and it came up on both monitors until we closed it out. It is the only picture that will come up. Otherwise, it is a black screen with a blue "out of frequency" box moving about the screen.

Any Ideas?

2. BG-0

BG-0

Lower the frequency.
    If on XP: Right click on the desktop, properties, settings, choose the 19" display, advanced settings, and set the refresh rate/frequency to 60 Hertz.

3. Madisonburger

Madisonburger Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice