1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Magix PC Check and Tuning

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ngk0585, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ngk0585

ngk0585 Thread Starter

Has anyone tried this and is it worth the time and effort? If so how did it do? Does it do registry cleaning? I'm still looking for something to speed up my PC. I use CC cleaner and like it a lot. I get it to delete the prefetch and think it helps but may be my imagination. I've tried deleting startup programs, and looking at the Task Manager is no help it lists endless arcanely and duplicitously named processes.

I use Magix music utilities and like it

2. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

First Name:
    Terry
  3. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

I prefer not to use any software to keep my computer running at top speed.
    I do however use Ccleaner to clear history..etc as it is simple and quick and usually does a good job.It does no harm.
    I do not use Ccleaner's reg-cleaner.You would be asking for problems.
    I use a manual reg-scanner to remove any unwanted/leftover entries from rogue or previous uninstalled software.
    I Do use "Autoruns" also to monitor hidden startup items and much more.
    Along with that,i use "process explorer" to monitor running task's.
    Best way to keep it clean and running smooth.....Defrag monthly/bi-weekly,whichever you prefer.
    Disable unneeded startup items in the msconfig utility.
    Set any unneeded "services" to Disabled/Manual..I set mine to manual just to be safe.
    Use Ccleaner to clean history etc..
    Uninstall any unused programs...
    The list goes on...
    I find using any tool to speed up your computer may cause unwanted issues.(But not always).

4. ngk0585

ngk0585 Thread Starter

Good info. I have work to do now. Thanks to both

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice