1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Magnavox 17-inch LCD TV/DVD Combo

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by mrsstrictman, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsstrictman

mrsstrictman Thread Starter

Jul 15, 2012
    I have a Magnavox 17 Inch LCD TV With DVD Player model number 17md255v, the set plays fine but the DVD player freezes and sometimes wont play at all and will just eject the dvd. I tried a laser lens cleaner disc that I used on older DVD machines but it does not pick up the disc just says loading for a few seconds then ejects the disc. I have repaired and cleaned PS1,2 & 3, other gaming systems and Older tv's in the past but never cracked open a flat screen tv. I purchased this set used, it had quite a bit of dust on it assuming if it was on the outside some has to be on the inside also. is there a different kind of disc cleaner that is needed for these sets? and was wondering the possibility of craking it open to get to the DVD and cleaning it by hand. Is there anything I need to know before I do this or any suggestions or fixes? Pics of set below.[​IMG]
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061118