1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mahjong Garden, pogo

Discussion in 'Games' started by jaros, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jaros

jaros Thread Starter

:) Hi!
    On Monday I was able to access this game but on Tuesday 1/24/06 (to present time) it loads the chat room, but the game never comes up. Many other players are experiencing this problem. any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Welcome to TSG :)

As a test, I tried it too. At first I thought I was also having the problem. I hit New Game and nothing happened. But I noticed in the bottom left hand corner that it seemed like the applet was still loading. I hit New Game again, and it eventually comes up, it just seems to be extremely delayed - like the applets are taking longer than usual.

So probably depending on how users connect to the internet, it could take longer for others. I'm sure it's a temporary thing on Pogo's end.

3. gabby12127

gabby12127

thank you, I have not been able to get into this game all week, thought it was my pc,,,tks

4. jaros

jaros Thread Starter

thank you, cheeseball, tried it again also, but nothing but white screen. will continue trying.

5. treespirit

treespirit

I was just playing majong gardens, how are you connecting to the games? And do you have trouble with any of the other ones?

6. treespirit

treespirit

If you're having problems loading one particular game (but all others load fine), it's possible that one of our servers are having problems. However, please try the following steps to make sure you have the latest version of the game applet.

Note! We do ask you to clear your cache, but there's more. Please complete both sets of instructions.

1. Please Clear your browser cache (or Temporary Internet Files)
    2. If you're using Internet Explorer, please try clearing out your 'Object' library under Temporary Internet Files. Here's how to do that:
    Go to the 'Tools' menu in Internet Explorer
    Choose 'Internet Options'
    In the middle of the Internet Options window, look for the 'settings' button in the middle, under 'Temporary Internet Files'
    On the Settings screen, click the 'View Objects' Tab. This is where your browser stores the actual game applet.
    Find the problematic game in the list, and hit the 'delete' key ('PopFu by Pogo' for example)
    Click 'Yes' to confirm the deletion of the file
    Now close all your browser windows, reconnect to Pogo, and try playing again. You may be asked to download that game again (if you're using the Microsoft Java VM). It's OK to accept the certificate to download the game, then try playing again.

If, after doing the above, the game still won't finish loading after more than 5 minutes, please click the 'Ask a Question' tab at the top of this page and let us know.

I found this in the help section of pogo, maybe it'll help.:)

7. jaros

jaros Thread Starter

mahjong garden is the only game that is loading, it seems for many pogo members, with great difficulty. the other games (some i cannot get at all, this is a different problem ) that i can get, load with no problem at all. it seems that the consensus is that elec.arts did maintenance on tuesday, 1/24/06 and for lack of a better term, 'left a wrench in the system'. thank you for your input.

8. jaros

jaros Thread Starter

Still unable to access mahjong, have uninstalled and reinstalled latest java, contacted pogo help (did requested steps) and now other games will not load, the pogo home page freezes and i wish i were not so 'computer illiterate'. You folks are the most helpful - as pogo sends the same 'form' replies with each reply. thanks all.

9. Cheeseball81

What browser do you use to play?

10. jaros

jaros Thread Starter

INternet Explorer

11. Cheeseball81

Have you tried another browser to see if it makes a difference?

12. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

Pogo seems to be having a lot of problems lately, CheeseBall81. As both you and I can attest to, we had a problem with the chat messaging in games where if you typed a single character like an "I" it would show up as an asterisk, a question mark, an equal sign, etc. Remember that conversation we had about it a while ago. :cool:

Then there's this issue with certain games not working.

And my brother has been entering in the Daily Draws every day. He usually receives an email from Pogo every day notifying him if he has won or lost, and lately he hasn't been getting anything.

Weirdness :confused:

13. Cheeseball81

Yes it obviously must be them.
    I've been able to play Mahjong. Like I said, it just seems very delayed when loading.

I also noticed others chatting just fine, so I guess the character problem got solved?

14. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

I haven't used Pogo for a while now. Maybe they did fix the chat issue, not sure. But they don't seem to be sending prize results emails anymore.

My 8-year-old brother looked forward to having at least one email in his inbox every morning. :eek:

15. jaros

jaros Thread Starter

treespirit, thanks, have tried pogo help page, still working with them, sent them the java console read out, with all the "hieroglyphics" (have to learn what those are called).

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice