1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mail App

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NotRite, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NotRite

NotRite Thread Starter

Brand new user of Win 8. My question is this. The Mail App, how do I, or can I, set it up so that when my wife clicks on that App that it connects to my online email account at att.net?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I understand (from other threads in this forum) that the Mail App will not accept POP mail. So if your att.net is POP only you cannot use the Mail App. Otherwise, adding an account is similar to adding an account to any other email client. If I remember correctly, while in Mail bring up the Charms bar - Settings - and 'Add account" is one of the options.

3. NotRite

NotRite Thread Starter

Thanks for answering Terry. Yea that is what I found out thru further digging. There are only like 4 clients that you can use to set up the "Microsoft Account" and mine is not one, yet. I am thinking I am just going to go on and take the plunge via Hotmail or whatever and set one up and see if I can change the addy that it then uses. No biggie really if it doesn't, but would make it easier for my wife if it will.

4. golddust

golddust

Go to what will soon be the replacement for Hotmail (the Hotmail page is going to be retired sometime this year - no date yet). The new Outlook.com at www.outlook.com will handle all microsoft email accounts - Hotmail, live.com and their new Outlook.com email addresses. It's a great site, very easy to navigate, no clutter. Commands only pop up on the taskbar when they are needed so you don't have to go fishing around. One note though the Reply, Reply All and Forward commands are all listed in one drop down menu "Reply".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice