Mail constantly checking thousands of messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Odyssey100

I've had this up on the Apple Support Community for a few days, but have not received a response yet.

For the past several weeks each time I open mail and all throughout the day Mail says it is checking thousands of messages (see attached). Because of the giant check it's doing it slows down my net speed and also slows down the receiving of truly new messages.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Is it a POP email account, an IMAP email account, iCloud email account, etc?

Did you recently re-add this account or do something in the setting for that account?

Odyssey100

This is an IMAP gmail business apps account and I have not made any changes in at least a year.

Using the gmail web access, is there that many emails? (Tagged as archive maybe)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online