Mail icon invisible on taskbar windows 10.

rogermerlin

Mail icon has become invisible on taskbar. I have tried sfc/scannow and dsim and several other fixes I have found online but stiil the same. hope someone has had this problem and got it fixed.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Due to my work computer being configured to remove the Mail icon, try this:

Go to the Start Menu and look for the Mail app. When you see it, right click on the icon and then choose More > Pin to Taskbar.

rogermerlin

Due to my work computer being configured to remove the Mail icon, try this:

Go to the Start Menu and look for the Mail app. When you see it, right click on the icon and then choose More > Pin to Taskbar.
I think you have got the wrong idea of my problem. The mail icon is on the taskbar but you cannot see it. You can pin it and unpin it but it remains invisible. you can use it to open mail as well with no problem. Thanks for your help.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think you have got the wrong idea of my problem. The mail icon is on the taskbar but you cannot see it. You can pin it and unpin it but it remains invisible. you can use it to open mail as well with no problem. Thanks for your help.
OK, I understand now. To confirm, is the icon missing in the Start Menu too, or just the taskbar?

rogermerlin

The mail icon is visible on the start menu. I can use it on the taskbar as when you move your mouse over the taskbar there is a highlighted icon square where the mail icon should be visible but no mail picture just a coloured sqare. If I create a shortcut on the desktop, it's there as a normal icon with no problem.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would remove it and try adding it back on.

rogermerlin

I have tried that and no joy. I have tried all the usual fixes but still invisible.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you right clicked the icon and see if you can change the icon to something different?

rogermerlin

Yes, I have tried that but no good. I have tried all the logical fixes as well with no outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts