Mail Merge 2003 - Macro Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MindyJeanne

I have a need to Automate basically everything in regards to a Mailmerge.
I have successfully created a Main Document and even a datasource to grab the data from. I've done this several different ways. ( utilizing both the current wizard & adding the MailMergeHelper to my toolbar ).

The problems lie in trying to get this to work via macros.

If I try and load the main merge document, and then use a macro to 'Get The Data Source", it doesn't load properly. I get M, &M_1 as the only records.
I created the Macro by hitting RecordMacros and having the VBA record my steps. Obviously something is missing. Is there another command I need to add ?

If i allow the document to load the data upon startup
i get macros disabled... Any idea why that could be happening.

This should not be this difficult.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mindy Jeanne

Anne Troy

Anne
Make the mail merge main doc and have it set up with the data source already. Save it as a document.

Record a macro that opens the file and creates the mail merge to a new document, and print it.

That macro code will, by default, appear in your normal.dot file. Hit Alt+F11, double-click "New Macros" under normal.dot Take everything out of the code after Sub Yourmacroname() and before End Sub. Delete the two remaining lines.

Double-click THISDocument under YOUR document on the left of the screen. Hit the General dropdown and choose Document. Make the other dropdown say Open. So you should now have the title and End Sub of a macro that runs when the document is open. Paste the code between the sub and end sub lines.

Save.
Close.
Open!

Oh, and set macro security to low. Many would say they don't recommend that, but the truth is, there are no WORD macro viruses running around anymore--people are having too much fun with email viruses to mess with Word anymore.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online