Mail Merge in 2007 problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

viplounger

Hi

I have this problem using mail merge. We cant fix it at all.

We are using office 2007. We have a huge list that we created in excell. Now when we merge that list in word the are box shapes in the address. Either in the address between the words or after the last word in that row. How the hell do you get rid of this. No one else has this problem i have searched high and low on google and other search engines and no one has put an article up on it. CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!

ok, its been a while since I did MM, but I recall helping someone previously when they just came from the previous version. You need to connect to excel using DDE option if that is how you used to do it, by default 2007 does not give you the option, but uses a OLE type connection.

** you don't need to do the registry edits shown, I would browse through and focus on the Excel portion as it talks about databases also.

This article should help you as it looks familiar, in particular the part in "options" to 'confirm file format conversion"

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

viplounger

Well i do hope your right. I will try it when i get to work. I do hope this solves the problem, because its relly frustrating.

viplounger

Well i do hope your right. I will try it when i get to work. I do hope this solves the problem, because its realy frustrating.

viplounger

I had a closer look at your reply and i would like to ask you, are you talking about merge data with labels or letters. I was talking about merging addresses to letter head. Would the process you are talking about still apply to the information you have given me?

viplounger

Yes, the instruction has to do with how you connect to the datasource, so that is why you should focus on the part about changing the Option regarding "Confirm file format". I found my instruction I have done previously, I will upload later ( can't on this network).

crap! I was rushing... I can't upload from here ( blocked for attachments), I'll upload later, it has a bunch of screen shots so I can't copy/paste.

Here is the file. Note that you haven't said how you connected with the mailmerge data ( I know excel)...like the method used.... I'm directing you this way simply because we had formatting issues and found this helped deal with it. I hope it helps.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online