Mail Merge in Outlook 2002 for e-mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aeraspor

I am trying to mass e-mail to a list of contacts on both my outlook contacts or an excel spreadsheet.

I am having a hard time trying to merge and then e-mail the test messages. We usually use Lotus notes, but I have a seperate account in Outlook that I am using. I have set outlook as the default mail program and for some reason when I finish the merge nothing happens and no e-mail is getting sent.

Does anyone hav any ideas of how I can get this to work or what else I can do for troubleshooting.

Thanks so much in advance.

I use Outlook a lot. I use it mostly for databases which contain e-mail and fax numbers. I have separate folders and subfolders, so that no contact in any folder has more than one number, or one e-mail address, and no contacts have both e-mail addresses and fax numbers. A typical folder would be "customers" or "vendors". Then, under "customers", several subfolders each comprised by a different class of customer. Same with vendors.

Then, for mass mailings, what you are calling a mail merge, I set up the document, prepare to send it as an attachment, select the "phonebook" in Outlook, highlight all or some of the members of the folder and click send. Maybe I am being simplistic, but I do it this way all the time, to five or five thousand recipients.

Best of luck.

aeraspor

Great, thanks... perhaps I was reading too much into it. I will try that.

Thanks for your help.

You know, I might have been too fast. A real mail merge has an individual name, address, etc, for each party receiving the message.
My previous description of how I do it does not include that.
Sorry.

aeraspor

The only problem I have with this is that I want to mass mail, so that I am sending out an individual e-mail to ever person on my data source contact list. So, I am not sure if your suggestion does that.

Yes, my process does not put any individuals name as an addressee. Everyone gets an individual message, but nom addressee.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online