1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mail merge issue with Word 2010 and Access 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dmarie2128, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmarie2128

dmarie2128 Thread Starter

I have a word document set up with fields that I want to create a mail merge from a Query. When I go through the steps to add my query as the source then click on edit recipients there are no recipients. I have tried the same steps with other queries that I have and it works. I'm not sure why the query I want to use isn't working. The query I have set up does have a lot of expressions. Here is an example IIf([fie dt] Between #8/1/2010# And #7/31/2011#,[fie dt]+1096,Null) I have tried to change the expression and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. OBP

OBP

dmarie2128, welcome to the Forum.
    I never use Word Mail Merge, but can I suggest that you take a copy of the query, remove all the expressions and see if it works.
    If it does add back the expressions one at a time to see if one of them is the "problem".

3. dmarie2128

Thank you so much!!!! I did this and it was actually an issue with the Like *. With having so many expressions I had to put the Like * under the criteria and there were two on the same line that I had not noticed before. YAyy i'm so excited now I wont have to create a table and merge from the table I can merge directly from the query. :):D

4. dmarie2128

ok, so some how I was able to get this to work on my test query and now i'm not able to reproduce what I have done. I will continue to work on this until I can get it do work again.

5. OBP

OBP

Check field names, expression Syntax and Criteria Syntax.

6. dmarie2128

what would be another way to do it if I want each column I have an expression in to show information? I was using the Like *, but that is causing an issue with the mail merge. Is there anything else I can use?

7. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Only a question as I do not have time to play right now. Maybe field names without spaces might help? Sometimes having spaces can require an unusual amount of quotes to actually get recognized. Could be easy enough to test changing only a single field name. Just a thought.

8. dmarie2128

They have the original database hidden. So, I have limited access to it. :/

9. OBP

OBP

You could try a query as you have it and a second query based on the first one to actually transfer the data to the mail merge.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice