Mail Merge - Office 2007 problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coineeze

I am trying to create mail merge address labels sheet containing 22 names and addresses in Word from an Excel spreadsheet. I get through the wizard OK, but in the end it only prints the first name and address out of a total of 22. I used the same spreadsheet to mail merge the same names and addresses onto a prepared letter in Word and that worked just fine for all 22. Please help save my sanity!:confused:

Are you completing the Mail Merge Wizard and choosing the 'Edit Individual Labels' option?

coineeze

Hi and thank you for responding. Yes. I have tried that method and managed to get the first 3 labels to be visible on the screen. I have a nagging feeling it might have something to do with the way the spreadsheet is set up. But if that is correct, I cannot understand why I was able to create 22 personalized letters in Word with the data from the same spreadsheet. This is REALLY frustrating.

What makes you think it could be down to the spreadsheet?

Don't quote me on this (lol) but I think that if you use the 'Select Recipients' option and can see all the people's names you need to include, there shouldn't be a reason Word couldn't pick them up.

coineeze

Hi,
"Select Recipients" merely allows me to select the database (in this case the spreadsheet) which contains all the data. As weird as this may sound, I am currently at home using a PC with XP Pro and Office 2007 whereas during the day I'm in my office using W7 and Office 2007. Here at home with XP I am able to create the labels without a hitch. I'm now of the opinion it has to be something specific to W7 which is the only difference in the equation. Any ideas (beside always creating my label list at home) LOL!

Apologies, If you click on the 'Star Mail Merge' button and follow the sequence through to Step 3 you can 'Edit Recipient List' where after selecting the spreadsheet that contains the data, you get a preview window giving you the option of selecting/deselecting those records you do or don't want to include.

Let me know how you get on.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online