Mail merge problem:DDE connection to Excel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spinningjennie

Problem summary:
I'm creating a mail merge document in Word 97. I'm wanting to merge with data in an Excel 97 file. When I click on the Get Data part of the Mail Merge Helper, I keep getting the message:

'Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Excel to complete the current task.'

Any clues as to the possible cause??

Problem background:
1. I never usually have any problems with mail merging to Excel.
2. I am able to merge the Word document to data if the data is in a Word table (but this is inconvenient).
3. I am able to merge the Word document to data in some Excel files but not others.
4. Note that I haven't even got to the stage of entering merge fields in some cases before I get the message.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Regards,

spinningjennie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online