Mail merge problem using excel 2003 and word 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

irwinosteopathy

Hi

help with this would be very appreciated.

We run windows xp, word 2003 and excel 2003

we have created a mail-merge between our database of patients in excel and word, but when we come to the section where we tick the boxes next to the people required for the mail-merge we can select only 1 or 2 or 100, but when the mail-merge goes to the next section it has reverted to selecting the whole database of patients, which when your trying the send a letter to only a few people and it instead tries to print 5000+ letters is annoying to say the least.

i have tried changing the database to running from access, and i have started fresh and re done the mail-merge letter but this is all to no avail as the same error occurs???

any ideas,

please help

There may be some bad data within the columns that may be causing your issue. Look to see if there something out of the ordinary within the dataset you are trying to use for the mail merge. I think one may be column headings with spaces in them and another may be where two or more rows may have meen merged in your spreadsheet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online