Mail Merge problem with labels Excel to Word in Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

catsanddogs

I am using Windows XP, Excel and Word. My address list is in Excel. I start out in Word, selecting the mail merge option and go through the sequence to mail merge labels, when I select PREVIEW the labels, they are completely blank. At the step that shows the labels in which I select which names are going to be used, everything seems normal. But the next step of PREVIEW reveals that the labels are blank. My excel list is in the same format of every other list I have every used to print labels, ie it has Last Name, First Name, Street number, Street name, City, State, Zip. All on one line. I don't know what is wrong. Help!

In step 4 of 6, "Arrange your labels," you should be able to type an X (or any other character for that matter) in the first label, click the "Update all labels" button, then see the X in each label at step 5 of 6, "Preview your labels." If you can't do that, then perhaps something in Word 2003 is broken. Visit this site for instructions on how to do a repair:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821593

catsanddogs

In my research I found out that a microsoft update that came out in March has caused a lot of people that have Microsoft Office 2007 problems, the foremost being mail merge problems. I don't have the solution yet.

Ah--my bad! When you mentioned XP my brain just switched to Word 2003. I have Office 2007 working in Win 7 and have not experienced any mail merge issues generated by updates. Perhaps the combination of XP and Office 2007 makes a difference. I'm at a loss for any other suggestion for fixing your problem. Sorry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.