1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mail merge to bus card format

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kstrom, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kstrom

kstrom Thread Starter

I have a mail merge that comes into my business card layout. I need each business card to have a different record from the mail merge. Instead, I get an entire page of business cards for each mail recipient. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you in advance.

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum.

Sure there is, use labels as the output when it asks what do you want to make and select the business card template number when you come to that section.

3. kstrom

kstrom Thread Starter

I'm not following...it doesn't ever ask me what I want to make. Also, I need to have the graphics, etc. that I already have built on each business card. I think I'm missing something. Can you explain more please?

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    When you are laying out the business cards there is an "Update All Labels" button which will take whatever is in the first label and copy/paste it across all of the other labels.

5. kstrom

kstrom Thread Starter

I'm not finding any button or menu option with this and HELP doesn't reference it either. I'm running 2007. However, I did take your advice about changing to a label format, merging, and then if I select 'Use multiple pages' on the Print Setup popup window, it prints only 1 of each name in my data source file, but on a single page.

I would still like to know where this button is though for future reference.

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    You did not use the "Merge to New Document" button. I do not have 2007 so you will have to look around a little bit to find the button to finalize the merge.

7. kstrom

kstrom Thread Starter

OK, I'll try that option. Thank you for your help.

8. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Let me know if you need further assistance.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice