mail merge with access and word problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deuce868

I have an access database that I use a word mail merge with. In the database I have several yes/no combo fields. In the mail merged document the fields show up as either '0' or '-1' based on the yes/no value. I need to change this to a yes/no answer in the document. In access I'd just set up a check using vba but I've never used any vba in word and I'm not sure how to error check the data in a merged document like this.

Any ideas?
Thanks

I'm sure somebody will have a better way, but here's how my little brain would do it.

In your document set value={mergefieldhere} then merge the whole thing...then in you resulting Word do to a Search & Replace....value=0 change to Yes and value=-1 replace with No.

That way you don't need any scripting.

Just a thought.

You're welcome:)

I may not be the best scripter....but I can do things the old fashioned way!!!

deuce868

never mind...got it at another group...gotta use word fields with if...then...else

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.