Mail merge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plejon

How can I do a mail merge in Outlook Express ? I want to send a small message to my customers with a file attached.

I prefer to have an individual mail per customer, rather than one mail with tons of people in the Send box.

Hi plejon,

I'm not really clear what you want to do!

You do Mail Merging in a Word Processing application such as MS Word.

Do you want to send the same message and attachment to many customers individually without them seeing who else you have sent to?

If so, I think you can do his by sending to a Distribution list (list of all your customers - Contacts / Action / New Distribution List) in the bcc field (Blind copy).

If bcc isn't in your e-mail header (beneath cc) then View / bcc to add that button.

?
Hew

plejon

I want to send the same message, with an attachment, to all my customers. A personolized mail would be nice, but is not essential.

I've used the BCC method so far, but I'm running into some problems. First of all, it's quite difficult to follow who received the message and who didn't. Secondly, my ISP blocks mails that are sent to more than X people because they are considered spam. This means I have to divide my customer op in small groups, and e-mail each group.

I've tried the mailmerge in Word, but there doesn't seem to be a way to add an attachment. I've also tried a couple of shareware e-mail marketing tools, that claim to follow up who did/did not receive the e-mail, but again, most don't support an attachment.

Hi plejon, again,

I stand corrected.

Mail Merge to e-mail recipients is a standard feature of Word Mail Merge, you just have to ensure that one of the merged fields is an e-mail adress.

Next to the The 'Merge To' dropdown selection is a Setup button that includes the option to 'send document as an attachment'.

lol
Hew

(PS I'm on Word 2000 today so that's whereI have checked)

plejon

I didn't see that "send doc as attachment" button, I'll check it out later. Thanks for your help anyway

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.