1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mail messages only availible in webmail

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Ulfgeir, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulfgeir

Ulfgeir Thread Starter

Running Exchange server 2003 (SP1) and Outlook 200 as client. I have the problem that 2 mail messages do not appear in the inbox in Outlook. I can see that they exist but the messages themselves don't show up. If I go through webmail, I can see the messages without problem.

All other mails come through fine.

The 2 mail-messges in question are spam, but due to legal reasons they cannot just be deleted. Deleting them would solve the symptom, but not the actual problem, and I want to fix it so no real mail risk getting caught.

To make it even weirder, the messages appeared fine when opening Outlook with a mail-account with less rights in the system than the ones that are normally used. Tried giving the same rights to one of the another accounts that use the same mailbox, and it did not work.

Anyone have any suggestions?

/Ulfgeir

2. Rockn

Rockn

Try a different mail client. I am sure it is probably the SPAM/Junk mail filter in Outlook.

3. Ulfgeir

Ulfgeir Thread Starter

Managed to partially solve it after some experimentation.

The messages that doesn't appear have the sensitivity of "private". As far as I can tell, that means that it is only the owner of the mailbox thta can see the messages. the problem is that both I and my colleagues are according to our AD "owners" of said mailbox, and have it attached to our normal ones so we can check spam.

I logged into the account and explicitly set up my account as a delegate with the role of editor, and the right to read private messages. I could thus see the messages in my mailbox. This however toook away my "ownership"-rights on the mailbox, so it doesn't appear to be the right way to do things.

Btw, we don't use any built-in spam-filter. We use Mxtreme for that.

/Ulfgeir

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice