1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'Mailbox Attachment Stripper' for OE6 in XP?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by geoand, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoand

geoand Thread Starter

Hi,

Does anybody know of a 'Mailbox Attachment Stripper' for Outlook Express in Win XP? I used the very neat and free 'OE QTools' from ajsystems.com when I was using Win.98se *but* it fails to work in XP even in Compatibility Mode.

I want to reduce the size of my Inbox & Sent box, as I have pretty large attachments that are just using up space. It's a tool that Microsoft failed to introduce with OE 6 SR-1, it would've been nice to include it with XP SP1 but they missed it out there as well.

I did find this during a websearch but I'm a bit wary as it looks dodgy! Anybody used it?

http://www.runstate.com/Detach/

Any ideas folks? Hopefully someone else has a solution to this rather obvious problem. Thanks!

===========================================
    Sorry if I'm repeating other postings re this problem, I searched but most postings re 'attachments' are about trying to read them - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place here:confused:
    ===========================================

2. RSM123

RSM123

3. geoand

geoand Thread Starter

Hi,

I'd already checked quite a few download sites before posting [incl webattack] but I can't find a prog that does this job.

Any other advice? Anybody used a tool or plug-in for OE that will remove mailbox attachments and retain the message?

There are progs for Outlook (I don't have that!) it's Outlook Express I'm interested in *and* it's for use with XP! Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!