Mailbox full

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nigelhallchurch

I have a Mailbox Full message on Outlook and I cannot send any emails
I have deleted thousands of emails but I still get this message and I do not know how to resolve the problem .
Any suggestions please .

Is this the web version, i.e. outlook.com, or are you referring to emails hosted by a provider and using the Outlook client on your PC?

nigelhallchurch

we are using microsoft outlook - we cannot send out e mails since we have received messages stating that our mailbox is full - I am not a computer expert , not is my boss and it is a really big problem for us - can you help us ? thanks

Close Outlook and see if will do housekeeping chores like re-claiming/cleaning space taken up by deleted emails.

Usually menu File > Exit. Or simply close it by clicking on the red X on the top right corner.

nigelhallchurch

Usually menu File > Exit. Or simply close it by clicking on the red X on the top right corner.
I tried exit and clicking on the X , but I still cannot send any e mails
the system is not reading that we have made the mailbox smaller , so you have any other suggestions ? thanks

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
What version of Outlook and on what Windows version are you using?

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
I've never used Outlook, but believe that the following is not entirely irrelevant to that program.

Those messages you deleted were all, or mostly, from the Sent folder, right?

Did you then clear the Deleted Items and/or Trash folder(s)?

Did you then compact folders?

nigelhallchurch

I've never used Outlook, but believe that the following is not entirely irrelevant to that program.

I deleted files from the sent folder and I cleared deleted items , but I did not compact the folders - not sure what this means - how do I compact folders on Outlook ?

nigelhallchurch

I have now compacted the files , but this has not helped - do you have any other suggestions ? thanks

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
Are you using POP or IMAP in Outlook?

Can you get to your email if you go to the email ISP site in your browser and see if the mailbox on the server is full?

First Name
Morten
Sounds to me like the issue is that deleted emails in Outlook aren't removed from whatever POP server they're using. So either use webmail to go and manually delete emails or set Outlook to delete them when removed from the server. WHere that is in Outlook 2016 I don't know. But in other versions it's under [FILE] --> Account Settings --> (then double Click the account) More Settings ---> Advanced.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online