1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mailer-Daemon

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by EBSchrader, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBSchrader

EBSchrader Thread Starter

I use Win ME and OE6. For 3 days in a row, I recd a msg from Mailer-Daemon at Yahoo claiming that I had sent an e-mail to a bunch of Yahoo addresses that weren't active or didn't exist. I didn't send anything!

NAV didn't turn up any worms or viruses, but I did dump a couple of small shareware programs that I had downloaded a few days before. Two days have passed without any more messages from Yahoo, but I still don't know what caused it! I'm scrupulously careful about scanning with NAV nd keeping the definitions current. I tried to send a message to Yahoo, with the thought that maybe the problem originated THERE instead of in my computer, but can't seem to find a way to contact Yahoo via e-mail. I belong to several Yahoo groups, so my e-mail addy is available. Oh, forgot to mention. The sender used my e-mail addy, but the name shown was "Miky" and third time and two different first names the other two times. The message was SPAM about mortgage rates. And here's the kicker: at the end of the message it had a *sincere* note about not wanting to SPAM anyone and to "click here" to opt out. Grrr!

Oh! One more thing, that's probably related. Twice I recd a warning that my boot record had changed. There were three choices. The first time, I picked "Ignore and run full scan" and also updated my definitions at NAV. The second time, I picked "Restore boot record" and also ran full scan and updated the definitions again. What's with that?
    :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice