1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mailing list

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by missdaisy, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missdaisy

missdaisy Thread Starter

Hi all I am not sure if this is where I am supposed to post this question to but here goes. I have a printed mailing list and It is 509 pages 4500 names/address I need to somehow get them into an address book I have several programs that have an address book,thay I can scan to or whatever needs to be done. I have a psc 750 printer/scanner/copier is there a way to get them into the address book without typing each and everyone in? When I scan to word all the words are jumbled or incorrect. I am new to this scanning stuff so I might have something wrong. I am using xp if this is any help. Thanking you in advance ........missdaisy

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I guess it depends on what program did you have your mailing list in

3. missdaisy

missdaisy Thread Starter

I have no Idea where the other business owner printed them from. She wouldnt copy it to disk because it also contains her payroll as well she just offered to share the list so she printed all 509 pages and the handed them to me. Maybe I typed this wrong. I have pages I need to put into the computer and then edit to my needs and then put them in an address book somehow.Without typing all of the info in. Thanks for replying

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The only program that might VAGULEY do that is from Eastman... but I don't know if it would do it.

The only other thing I could think of is:

1) the owner can transfer it to an address book
    2) you enter it one by one

5. Anton Wan

Anton Wan

I set up a scanner one time that came with software that the text it scanned could be changed. It would open the scan what looked like a word document. The only problem was that it didn't do it very well the words were all messes up. I don't remember the scanner number but it was an HP. The software came with it free. It was just a scanner not a printer. You might want to look at their website.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The program is called an OCR program, which allows you to transfer a page of paper into text onto the screen. Though it does tend to mess up, like Anton Wan said, though having said that if you can get the scanner to scan it right and the OCR to convert it right then you can just copy and paste the required information into an address book.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice