Mailing Through Network ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pakiya

I had installed TheBat! mail software and noticed it's got server and client mode .

In My dad's office , they have one computer with internet access(THIS COMP is NOT the MAIN SERVER) , now all the computers are connected through Lan on a NT SERVER . OThers computer ONLY need to send mails , not recieve , problem is Internet access can't be given to them ( :) , u know wat middle age guys will do with free internet) , now the method they follow is

create the mail in outlook express , save it on their computer in a shared folder , and the computer access , picks up the mail from their computer , redirect the mail to the address.

Now Is it possible in TheBat! or anyother mail client ,when they send a mail , it automotically comes to this computer , clieint's outbox (say i run Bat in the SERVER mode and on other client mode)

If yes , then lemme know teh settings ,

thanx

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
There are a host of email packages that allow you to run a local email server that will forward to the net. I've never used TheBat, so I can't say what it's capabilities are. They can even be configured to receive email if desired. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online