Mailwasher help for MSN settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GypsyRose

I recently installed Mailwasher and it works fine with my Eudora email program. However, I also have a MSN.com email program that I use for work on the internet. Mailwasher says you can use it for MSN, but I can not figure out how to get it to work. For one it says use Pop3 settings. I can find no Pop3 settings in my MSN email account. No SMTP settings. What am I missing here? I don't use Outlook Express for my regular email. I use Eudora. How can I get MSN mail to work. Thanks for any help.

Apparently it can only work if you have a paid MSN account. It doesn't work on the free accounts. The settings are:
POP3= pop3.email.msn.com
SMPT= smtp.email.msn.com

Be nice if it *did* work on the free accounts also... I get 60 to 80 pieces of spam in every 4 to 5 days on the average, tho' I gather that some do get more than that.
I may get it & set it up with my Earthlink mail--have recently began getting spam thru it via msn & couple other places. :eek:

GypsyRose

Ok, so then it won't work on the free version of MSN. Isn't Hotmail a free web based email that they say it will work with? They say it works with MSN and Hotmail so I assumed it would work. Thanks for the information.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts