1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mailwasher ??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by joe2cool, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi !! New using 'Mailwasher' just wondering within the options & Heuristic strength, does' Check the original email against DNS blacklist servers' need to be checked ?

Your help is much apprciated

THX !! ;)

:cool:

2. Moby

Moby

yes.
    :D

3. Ianthepig

Ianthepig

Hi Joe, I have been using Mailwasher for some time now I must admit its a lovely little program.
    If you get a lot of spam I would recomend that you have the Heuristic strength set as strong, all it does is marks every thing it thinks as spam to delete and bounce back to the sender ( making it think it is a dead e-mail address )
    As for " Check the original email against DNS blacklist servers " I would have that checked too as it gets a list of spam senders which it will automaticly mark as delete an bounce, If you dont have this one checked it just means you have to click an preview all the mail you are not sure about.
    Hope this helps,
    Ian

4. Moby

Moby

That's what I said.;)

Cheers Ian.

5. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Cheers Ian & Moby..........Appreciated ;)

Looks a very CoOl Program ;)

6. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hey guys !......does it actual put downloaded mail in order of time & date etc or is this not possible??

Have a good one !!

;)

7. Ianthepig

Ianthepig

Hi joe, I am not sure if it puts ya mail in order, I am just guessing now but I think it just collects all mail from your isp, weather they put it in order is any ones guess lol.
    Ian

8. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Cheers !! again Ian ;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice