1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Main menu laptop

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Dellrob27, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dellrob27

Dellrob27 Thread Starter

My dell inspiron mini 1012 the main menu is black I cant go on no website or nothing what do I do please help

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Dellrob27

Dellrob27 Thread Starter

What I mean by main menu is where after u enter the password to ur computer it takes u to the screen where all ur files is at and i can go to the internet that menu aint showing up i try system repair and system restore i even done tests and the screen still vomes on black after i enter the password and do all that

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Then Desktop? Or do you have Windows 8 and have a Start Screen? What version of Windows do you have?

5. Dellrob27

Dellrob27 Thread Starter

I have windows 7 starter and its a laptop

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Ok, so Windows loads to the point of giving you the desktop and it has the Start button or is the Start button the thing that is black?

How far back did you go on System Restore? Try a date further back.

7. Dellrob27

Dellrob27 Thread Starter

I tryed all that now I'm doing a symptom tree but I have been doing system repair and system restore and my computer will reboot I will enter my password wait until it loads and after it do the screen will still be black I can't see Firefox or nothing

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  9. Dellrob27

Dellrob27 Thread Starter

I tryed one time to see if it did but it still was black

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Tried Safe Mode one time or System Restore one time? Try both again.

11. Dellrob27

Dellrob27 Thread Starter

I checked the problem with dell and the computer shows my hard drive failed I'm so in tears

12. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    That means you need to replace your hard drive. I am not quite sure if you might get some or all of your important documents from that hard drive.

13. Dellrob27

Dellrob27 Thread Starter

I tryed system repair and system restore nothing everything else will be fine but after I enter the password to my computer there will be a black screen with just my mouse arrow showing i tryed safe mode with networking it will take me to the enter passcode again but then that time i will try to enter the code and it wont let me my computer will shut off

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can take your old hard drive and connect it externally as a secondary drive to attempt to copy of the data you want, or have the repair shop do that for you. Hard drives are fairly inexpensive.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice