Main monitor randomly becomes unresponsive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BeachedWailmer

Hey there. I'm having an unbelievably infuriating issue with my main display monitor that's been going on for about a year now where it will flicker at times, and sometimes become unresponsive altogether even though it's plugged in. The thing is, nothing is changing in order to make these things happen. Last week it would flicker while playing games. This week, everything was completely fine. Until today, when I left to take a break for lunch, came back and the monitor was black and says "DISPLAYPORT NO SIGNAL" when i try to plug it in/turn it off and on. This has happened before. I've gone to bed, woken up the next day to turn my computer on, and all of a sudden the monitor will be unresponsive and say NO SIGNAL. Nothing changed overnight. It just decides not to work, whenever it feels like it. My only hope is to unplug it and plug it back in for an hour, while restarting my computer and eventually it will work again.

Sorry if this wasn't enough detail, thank you for anyone willing to help out.

Specs: Windows 10, ASUS VG248QE monitor (Displayport Cord), RTX 2070 TI graphics card

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online