mainboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IanH

hi. I have a M754LMR Mainboard and need to know if it will support a 1gig celeron. I went to the store where I bought my computer from and they said"oh yeah no prob", but not really sure of these great words of wisdom I looked up boards web site and it says hat it only support to 600. so I phoned the store and talked to owner and his reasoning for the discrepancies was that the owner of thaw web site don't update it. So to make long story even longer I would like to know if anybody has done this.

Well, it shouldn't matter if the website has been updated or not. If the board was never made to support 1 Ghz then when the website was made it will say it doesn't support it, so if the wedsite is ever updated it will still say it doesn't support it. It seems the store just wants a sale and if they are trying to push you to buy something that they know won't work and that you'll be coming back to them then that might mean they won't be too keen to let you return it. (Might say something like... "sorry, we don't accept returns on opened computer equipment". :( ) So my advice is that if the mobo website says it doesn't work then it doesn't work... but don't try it just to see if it will work because you might have a difficult time returning it.

Hummm...interesting. My bad. :eek: You would think though that if the board supported up to 1.3 Ghz the web site would have said that all along. Huh. I am pretty sure Intel has up to 1.2 Ghz PIII out already. :) So I would go for one of those.

IanH

I want to thank everyone who answered my question! I found a site that gives a more updated information, so I'm going to put a new cpu in this week. I'm going to put the biggest one that will fit! the store where I bought it is going to put in for me, so what I need to know is, if it fits it fits and if doesn't it doesn't. there is no in between? also what bench mark tool can I use to make sure that i got what I paid for( I don't particularly trust this place, but they are giving me a trade in on my old cpu) thank again:)

I would say just tell them them to put in the fastest cpu that the board will support, but if you don't trust them then I guess you will have to do some homwork instead.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online