Major Adobe Photoshop CS problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thebestrumor

I've been using Photoshop CS ever since it came out. But, a couple weeks ago, my computer got infected with the IRC/Flood.cd.dr (which I still haven't managed to get rid of) and I had to make another account. But, now that I'm on my new account, I can't save or open images in photoshop. This is particularly annoying when you've created a masterpiece and try to save it then BOOM, the program locks up and I'm forced to use the Ctrl-Alt-Delete trick. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop multiple times.

Is there any way to fix this?

By the way, I'm using Windows XP with SP2 and I have a virus (IRC/Flood.cd.dr). I suspect that this is caused by IRC/Flood.cd.dr but, McAfee doesn't seem to catch it when I run the virus scanner, therefor I can't get rid of it.

I would strongly suggest that you post a hijackthis log (created when logged into your old account) in the Security section of this forum.

It makes little sense to help find a work-around for accessing PS when your effort should go into fixing the trojan which is causing your grief, and which could still be causing others untold misery if your PC is acting as its "host".

thebestrumor

Kiwiguy: Exactly where would I find the hijackthis log?

buck52: I have reset the preferences in Photoshop many times using the Ctrl-Alt-Shift feature Photoshop comes with.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online