MAJOR ISSUES! Please help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

i z 3 r

Issue #1 MOST IMPORTANT

I was trying to uninstall my old ati drivers.

I uninstalled them multipul times and restarted many times as well. However nothing changed.

I had to delete some ATI apps and omega apps.

And I disabled the default video controller for windows. Thinking It would just go to default when I restarted at 640x480.

I rebooted and I got raped.
Black screen.

Theres nothing I can think of doing to go back. I tired reinstalling my old video card, but the same result happened. Black Screen.

I tired going into safemode, but upon loading the .sys files it freezes so I can't get into safemode.

I don't fell like reinstalling windows and practically formatting. This is the only solution I can think of ATM.

Please Help!! Thanks in advance.

Issue #2 IS FIXED

crjdriver

First of all I am not an overclocker and do not believe in overclocking anything so I cannot help you with the second question.

First question, since you cannot start in safe mode, I would do a repair install of the os. This will leave all installed apps and data intact. After the repair install, you will need to reapply sp2, your chipset / mb drivers, and all critical updates.

Now install your ati driver / CCC.

BTW I have one rule for overclocking; do not do it unless you can afford to loose the parts you are overclocking. You do understand that it voids any warranty correct?

i z 3 r

Ok. I will repair windows. With the repair install. It usually asks me for a new user name and such. I did this a while back and it basically deleted everything I had. What do I do when the new repair install prompts me with a user name?

As for the video card. The drivers I had allowed me to Over Clock. I uninstalled my drivers becuase I had about 4 that I didn't uninstall. And my FPS are fine in other games so the second question is ruled out.

Thanks so much.

crjdriver

1 Make sure you are repairing a windows install rather than installing windows.

2 Use the same user name / password you used before.

i z 3 r

I did the repair install, but it said that upon restart setup would continue... Black screen still persists.

i z 3 r

Actually after the 5-6th reboot it now says Setup is continuing...... and its been like that for about 7-8 minutes.

Rukee

Banned
then that has nothing to do with your ATI drivers then, it sounds like a hardware issue, possable overheating. Is the inside of the case clean and all the fan inside working?? Like the CPU fan and video card fans??

i z 3 r

It can't be a hardware issue, I have a screen in bios, and the windows start up cd. I get the windows loading menu, but nothing after that. And with the game I found out that it was a game error. Becuase all my other games ran fine. BattleFeild 2 and UT 2004.

Rukee

Banned
just cause the system 'posts' doesn`t mean that all the hardware is 100% okay. memory for 1 will often post but not be able to load windows, or seem good but crash in games. Not saying that is the problem, but if it`s locking and rebooting while loading the XP CD....I`m thinking hardware as no drivers or software on the hard drive should be live or working if it`s booted to the CD.

crjdriver

Installing an os is one of the most demanding tasks hardware can be asked to perform. If you are having problems with an install, check the hardware before continuing.

Note if there is anything important on the disk, I would pull it and slave the hd to the system you are using now. Make a backup of anything important; now reinstall the hd and check hardware.

i z 3 r

I have a linux partiton, and everythings runs just fine. So I think I'm just gonna burn dvds and make ups from linux, its gonna take a loooong time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online