1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Major lag...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 1iquidCha05, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1iquidCha05

1iquidCha05 Thread Starter

hello all, i recently purchased a new computer case Viper from xoxide to be exact and now that i've got it working i have discovered i have a massive amount of lag while playing Eve-online i have not attempted another game however i can tell you i have about 1 second blips of lag for every 2 seconds i spend. i have narrowed it down to two possibilities,

1: Huge amount of spy-ware, friends were on the comp all last weekend and when i got on after switching cases i discovered more spy-ware than Ive seen in 3 years.

2: processor is overheating causing system lag

now before i continue it is porbbly worth mentioning that during the process of case swtiching i noticed my heatsink latches had broken, also the heatsink was mounted onto the MB using screws and NUTS not screwing into the MB or case.
    to correct this problem i had to super glue the base of the heatsink on the MB, operation sucess no spillage of the glue and the base held securely, second off i glued a fan to the heatsink to provide better cooling. before i glued the heatsink processor would overheat and shutoff comp in about 5 seconds, it works good now cpu temp is reading about 85 average (86 ATM) and i have ran spybot hijack this, ad aware, and that new microsoft anti spyware everyone has been raving about. all progs removed things but the lag is still very frequent, maybe half of before though
    tried wiping but half way through loading the system files (xp pro) computer shuts off, no above normal temp readings during file loads.
    also i tired a freeram app, didnt help at all

any ideas guys? i needs me eve

640mb pc133 sdram
    xp pro sp1
    1.79 ghz P4
    60gb hdd (partitions 19.4gb 36.4gb misc)
    cable 3.0 mbps ( :D )
    5.1 surround creative sound blaster audigy ( creative speakers )

need any more info reply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice