Major League Baseball (MLB) 2014-2021

lotuseclat79

Now that the Red Sox Pitchers and Catchers have reported to Spring Training camp in Florida this past Sunday, position players are scheduled to report no later than tomorrow, however, most have already reported, except notably for David Ortiz with a brand new contract.

It appears that Bobby Valentine (new Red Sox on-field Manager) is running a tight ship and the players are gung-ho for it.

Meanwhile in the off-season, the MLB rules have been modified for this coming season as follows:
MLB tweaks rule to prevent stalling for relievers.

-- Tom

ekim68

Mike
The link doesn't work for me Tom, but I'm ready for the new season and so far my Mariners are undefeated....(y)

lotuseclat79

The link doesn't work for me Tom, but I'm ready for the new season and so far my Mariners are undefeated....(y)
Hi Mike,

The link still works for me - try it again, and if you use NoScript with Firefox, you may need to do some Allowing.

Update: David Ortiz reported to spring training camp yesterday one day earlier than required (at the new Fenway Park-like brand new Jet Blue Stadium replete with a replica Green Monster Wall in left-field and the Johnny Pesky foul ball pole in right field) essentially the same dimensions as Fenway Park which btw is 100 years old this year!

-- Tom

ekim68

Mike
Wow, good technical article Tim....Lots of stuff in it....Wanna bet he won't hit as many dingers this year? :cool:

valis

what I find interesting in this entire affair (besides the fact that MLB went absolutely postal) was that everyone has forgotten that he requested a second test immediately upon hearing of his failure, and passed that one easily. Couple that with just how high his testosterone levels were (4-5 times normal), that points me in the 'something got screwed up' direction pretty quick.

Did you see all of Aaron Rodgers tweets on this? hoo, boy, did he go off......

lotuseclat79

Doesn't work for me either using IE.. Goes to an Associated Press site
Hi wowzer,

The link still works for me using Firefox, and yes - it actually is an AP web site, but the full article appears just the same.

-- Tom

Hi wowzer,

The link still works for me using Firefox, and yes - it actually is an AP web site, but the full article appears just the same.

-- Tom
This is what I get with IE... never tried FF probably never will, IE does all I need...

I do think the sox will do well this year dispite the changes. :)

Attachments

ekim68

Mike
MLB, union agree to expand playoffs

NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball expanded its playoff format to 10 teams Friday, adding a second wild card in each league.

The decision establishes a new one-game, wild-card round in each league between the teams with the best records who are not division winners, meaning a third-place team could win the World Series.

This is the only change in baseball's playoff structure since the 1995 season, when wild-card teams were first added.

"This change increases the rewards of a division championship and allows two additional markets to experience playoff baseball each year," commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement.

Had there been additional wild-card teams last season, the Braves would have made the playoffs in the NL, while the Boston Red Sox would have qualified in the AL. Instead, each missed the postseason by a game, both going down with historic September swoons.

valis

not too sure I agree with that......you could have a case where a team is 15 games up on the other, and loses the one game playoff........don't think I like it.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online