1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Major Mic Prob. In CS

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mr. Slasher, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr. Slasher

Mr. Slasher Thread Starter

I have been posting on the CS forum and no one helped me so.. iam here now. My problem is I cant get my mic to work no matter what! I have a soundblaster live 5.1, in a compaq (with a built in soundcard). Every time I go into the voice tweak and that system setup it tells me ppl wont be able to hear me in CS. I have all the drivers in (the WDM) ones that people told me to put in but it still doesn't work. People also said to change something in the BIO's and I did. It says in the device manager that the IRQ is 11 and I changed the IRQ to 11 and disabled the built in one.. I think. And it still doesn't work! So can someone PLEASE HELP!!

2. larryboy_1

larryboy_1

I'm having the same problem!!!:confused: I have a sound blaster audigy platinum gamer though. Could you give me a link to the cs web site so I can try all the things you have already done?

3. rebon

rebon

4. Mr. Slasher

Mr. Slasher Thread Starter

Well.... thats not really going to help me :(

5. flyeater

flyeater

I had the same problem with XP & an Audigy. There have been lots of complaints with XP.
    Creative is apparently know for being a little slow in the driver realm of things.
    Be sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card. Most of the time that's the problem.
    If your onboard sound is disabled that shouldn't be an issue.
    If after you go to Creatives site for the latest drivers & still have problems let me know.
    We finally managed to get the whole clan "plugged in"

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice