Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Outlook Problems after installing ICloud

Solved 
830 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
I have a new Windows 10 laptop and I have migrated most everything from my previous laptop that I wanted and everything has been working pretty good up to now. I use Outlook 2007 for POP3 email and had installed in on the new LT and moved my PST and all was working good with email, contacts and calendar after much help from here: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...le-on-new-windows-10-pc.1163278/#post-9186499. Yesterday I decided to move my iTunes from the old LT to the new LT and I installed ITunes and ICloud on the new LT and synced it with my iPhone 6. Thought all was well until this morning when I'm checking my POP3 email account. All my email downloaded no problem and I was able to read everything. When I went to send email I found that iCloud had emptied my Contacts and replaced it with iCloud contacts which essentially is the ones that I had on my phone. (My iPhone contacts are still there.) If I click the "To" field in the email it does bring up my outlook contacts that I had on my computer before the iCloud debacle and it does let me select them. However when I send them I get an immediate undeliverable message from system administrator saying:

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on 1/9/2016 11:12 AM

454 4.7.1 <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>: Relay access denied

I tried to do some Googling on this and found something that said that iCloud doesn't work well with Outlook. I also saw that people had problems with their appointments disappearing and so I checked and sure enough mine are gone too. Anyone here know what I should do to get my Outlook back? I really am in a pickle here and I'm not exactly a power user. Can I just uninstall iCloud and get everything back?

Help Please!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok I solved this with some help from a coworker and someone on another forum. I had to turn off calendar/mail/contacts on the LT and on my phone. On the LT I had to bring up iCloud from the start menu and there were check boxes that I had to uncheck to turn off those functions. Then I had to go back to my old LT and export a copy of my Contacts from Outlook and go back to my new LT and import them back in. Worked no problem. Also to fix my problem with sending email, ICloud had unchecked the setting that my outgoing server requires authentication, so I re-checked it and bam now everything is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.