1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MAJOR PCI, PCI Express Slot Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by longhorns80, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. longhorns80

longhorns80 Thread Starter

Ight, when i have my radeon x700 pci express card in my gateway 700gr computer and i also have my Sound Blaster Live card in a pci slot and push the power button on the comp nothing happens no power no nothing..When i take out all of my cards and then wait like 45min-1hr and try to power up using on board graphics and onboard sound it works fine...Ive tried multiple pci express cards and multiple pci cards and multiple pci slots...Please help!!!!!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Ddidn't think we would see this with newer motherboards but possibly bios has to be shut down for onboard audio and video to use the slots. By any chance was this shipped with onboard functioning and then you replaced? That's the only way this would make sense.

3. longhorns80

longhorns80 Thread Starter

PROBLEM SOLVED...Restored Optimized Defaults in BIOS

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

OK there ya go...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice