1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Major problem with black screen flickering

Discussion in 'Games' started by Velius2820, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velius2820

Velius2820 Thread Starter

I have been having this problem for 6 months now and it's making me go insane. The problem is while im playing ingame my screen will go completely black all i can see are faint outlines of things then it will flicker back to normal then back to completely black again. This will go on for 15 minutes or so before it finally stops and it was happening once a day. Since then things have gotten worse, alot worse, Now when it goes black it will not even flicker back to normal it will stay completely black for about an hour or more or until i quit the game. It's so frustrating because I can forget about grouping or raiding at all because well, if the screen goes black im SOL. This is happening in WoW, EQ2 and WC3. I'm at the end of my pitiful rope please get me some help, if you can't help refer me to more tech forums where i can post my problem.

Stuff you might wanna know: I have the latest drivers for my video card (NVidia 6600 GT)I have the latest version of Directx(9.0c)I don't believe there is any overheating going on as i have a box fan on high sitting infront of the open case and there is an air condition directly behind the fan. Also don't think it has anything to do with sound as I've disabled sound in all those programs and the problem still persists. This is all I can think of right now. Thank you for your time.

2. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

Try changing refresh rates and/or enabling vsync.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/461158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice