Solved Major stuttering and juddering in games[probably a GPU issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheGreatKaito

2]WDC quick test result[Fail,only did it once] :-View attachment 261130
This disk is now currently in its 7th year going into 2018[I have all of its contents backed up in my external disk] . The OS as well as all my games,applications,etc run on the new Toshiba harddisk ,while the old disk is used by my father for his work purposes. Do you think that this disk might have caused my problems , regardless I will get a new WD harddisk this christmas when the prices will be low[yep , even though I live in India ;)] . I will also post my cinebench and 3dmark scores later today [And yeah, I decided not to do the extended test because I was afraid it might die or something]

TheGreatKaito

Do you have any audio codec packages installed? Sometimes competing audio codecs can cause stuttering as they fight for control.
I do not think so, I have the 'Realtek audio manager' and I always stand by VLC media player for all my audio,video,etc needs :) . I think I had like KMS audio codecs installed in my old computer ,but it was a lost cause anyway and I do not like to over complicate this things ,if they work as they are intended to, I do not tinker them.

crjdriver

If you have everything on the newer drive, simply pull the pw connector from the WD drive. Now run whatever game you want and see if you have the problem.
Your scores are ok, about what I would expect to see.

TheGreatKaito

If you have everything on the newer drive, simply pull the pw connector from the WD drive. Now run whatever game you want and see if you have the problem.
Do you think this is what may have caused my problems? I did not even think of it as a possibility, mainly because I thought it would hardly interact with my hardware[my old WD HDD] as my OS,applications,games,etc are on the new drive, ok I will do as you have asked and see if the problem gets solved .

TheGreatKaito

Sorry for the late reply,so I did what you said and played the games which were giving me problems before. I played CS:GO, and it juddered like usual, Witcher 3 was unplayable on Ultra settings as well as on the high settings, but on medium settings it was good enough,is this a bad thing? and GTA 5 on high settings too gave me the usual problems, though on default it worked well....I do not know, but the GPU temps just skyrocket whenever I play Witcher 3, like it just gets stuck on 82, then 80,hovers around 78 and back to 82 again.

crjdriver

Those temps are normal for a video card. You are not going to run games on ulta high settings with a 1060 card; you are going to have to either turn down settings OR get a better video card. You can try overclocking the video card however do understand that you may fry your card by doing so.

TheGreatKaito

Those temps are normal for a video card. You are not going to run games on ulta high settings with a 1060 card; you are going to have to either turn down settings OR get a better video card. You can try overclocking the video card however do understand that you may fry your card by doing so.
Yeah,I guess I cannot play all AAA titles at ultra settings, at least not with my current GPU.Now I know my overall hardware is stable, if not adequate for all games :) .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online