1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Major System Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sjm1027, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjm1027

sjm1027 Thread Starter

I have had a lot of system problems lately. It is a new build and the system will run for 3 days and all of a sudden I will get the following error:
    STOP:0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x00000000, 0xb2000000, 0x00020151) "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION"

So today I tool 512K RAM out and started the system up and got a CPU Clocking was off (Not exactly sure of the message) Over clocking I had to go into BIOS but I didn't change any settings. Now I am in XP Professional and it seems to be ok.
    Does anyone know anything about what problems I may be having? Why when I take out 1 bank of RAM I would get a clocking or overclocking problem? Is there a bios setting I need to fool with? I think my clocking setting is set to AUTO in Bios
    I have purchased an APC UPS so all the lines are clean from little glitches.
    I didn't checj the powersupply as of yet.
    I am currently swapping out the RAM 512 at a time
    The RAM is compatable, I checked with Kingston.

This clocking message bothers me a bit. Not sure what it means but as soon as I took out 1 bank of ram I got the message. I was asked to do an F1 and fix settings but it was way over my head so I tried rebooting and that worked. Havn't had it happen for a 2 hours now and I have rebooted a few times.
    My CPU clocking is set to Auto is that typical? Would there be any other BIOS settings that may help?

Thanks
    Steve

2. CoolerMaster

CoolerMaster

Here is an article in microsoft about it: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329284

Here are the possible causes it mentions:

System bus errors
    Memory errors that may include parity or Error Correction Code (ECC) problems
    Cache errors in the processor or hardware
    Translation Lookaside Buffers (TLB) errors in the processor
    Other CPU-vendor specific detected hardware problems
    Vendor-specific detected hardware problems

Can't help you any further than that.

CoolerMaster

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice