Major WINXP Problem!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Simpletown

I recently reinstalled WINXP home for a machine, I was trying to fix the problem when I tried to install/uninstall saying that "Windows installer is not installed correctly" so I reinstalled it using the "UPGRADE" option, that didnt fix it so i did the "NEW INSTALL" It finished installing, but now it is stuck on this screen "Setup is restarting" and it has been frozen for like 8 hours, so then I restarted, it goes to the same screen, restarted agian, same thing.

Any idea what I should do?

I would boot up with a bootdisk (preferably 98) and fdisk the entire drive then format it.

install it a different way put in the cd when ur going to boot your computer and when it says boot from cd press any key.. press enter then u will be sent to a blue screen and just wait then its gonna tell u intructions like press enter to install windows xp and f8 to to accept then its gonna format the partition for u and you pick if u want fat32 or ntfs quick or not i suggest not quick right after you format its gonna install windows then its going to go to the setup and finish the rest and your good if u have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected] hope this works for u =]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online