1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Majour Vista Startup Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jokerjake, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jokerjake

jokerjake Thread Starter

Good afternoon :]

I've just dropped by to ask for a bit of help on the subject of my vista startup.

All was running fine, intill i installed Vista SP1 off the correct location, when i tried to run windows on startup it loads the bar near to the end then flashes a blue screen with error writing on, note this code is flashed, not readable.

I've tried system restore, but i had no points in time that i could go too? Which is odd, because there's usually plenty.

I'm currently connecting this forum via my Linux partition btw.

Any Ideas?

2. pjhutch

pjhutch

To read the blue screen (of death), you need to tell the computer not to reboot automatically. You can do this on the F8 Safe boot menu or in the Advanced options, Startup and Recovery and untick option 'Automatically restart'.

Stop messages:
    http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php

3. jokerjake

jokerjake Thread Starter

I can not find this option to disable restart on error messages.

Did you mean get into safe mode and disable it there? because i can not get into safe mode either, the same thing happens.

I've looked through the BIOS and there doesn't seem to be such option there...

4. pjhutch

pjhutch

Try this
    1. Open Control panel
    2. Select System and Maintenance
    3. Select System and then Advanced system settings
    4. Select Advanced tab
    5. Select Startup and Recovery
    6. Disable automatic restart

5. allheart55

allheart55

If you read the posts you will see that jokerjake cannot access Windows AT ALL. Using a Linux partition to access internet, CANNOT get into safe mode either. BSOD You can run the Linux command utility. The commands are different but it works with Windows. i did it myself the other day. You can find a list of Linux cmd prompts here for starters.

Linux

HERE

In case you have to reinstall this one has commands for MOVING FILES

6. jokerjake

jokerjake Thread Starter

How can i get onto the control panel if i dont have access to normal vista or even safe mode?

7. jokerjake

jokerjake Thread Starter

How would i go about using cmd in linux? surely it will only command linux not my vista partition would it ? :S

8. allheart55

allheart55

That is what is a little strange, but the linux commands run through linux on a drive you specify, will work. I just used the (fsck /r) it is equivalent to (chkdsk /r) last week on an XP home notebook. I have never tried it in Vista but the command utility for Vista and XP are the same.

9. jokerjake

jokerjake Thread Starter

I've tried FSCK in terminal on /c /disk which are then names of the vista partition...

But it came back with could not find blah blah.... surely theres a way to fix it :/

10. allheart55

allheart55

Do not specify the path or drive letter. The command will check/repair the entire disk. (fsck /r)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice