Make a website only work in Internet Explorer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Josh8178

I was wondering if there was any code that would make my website only work in internet explorer and no other browsers, i am not a very big internet explorer fan (well who is!) but i made my website in frontpage 2003 and when i view it in firefox it looks really rubbish and everything is positioned wrong and the videos don't play and the pictures are really poor quality ect... but in IE it looks and works brilliantly!! so i was wondering if there was any code so that if anyone typed my url into their firefox browser there was a message that said something along the lines of "this website cannot be viewed in firefox please use microsoft internet explorer" something like that.

Thanks Josh.

f1_champ

Banned
Josh8178 said:
but i made my website in frontpage 2003 .
There's your problem...... Frontpage generates non-standard code only compatible with IE.

I've never tried this before but try downloading trial version of Dreamweaver and there is a feature to import frontpage site to dreamweaver, it will most likely solve your problem. Infuture creat your websites with Dreamweaver or the free NVU

Here's how you do it.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<!-- This page is not going to validate, so just using a doctype that invokes standards mode; nothing more. -->
<html>
    <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
        <title>IE only</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <!--[if !IE]> <-->
            <p>I am sorry. I do not know how to code properly and I used FrontPage to code this page.  It looks like crap in all browsers except Internet Explorer and I believe in "all or nothing". If you want to get anything out of this page, use Internet Explorer.</p>
        <!--> <![endif]-->
        <!--[if IE]>
            <p>This is treated as html in IE, but part of a comment in other browsers</p>
        <![endif]-->
    </body>
</html>
That's totally silly, but there you go.

At least use some other editor like nvu or dreamweaver.

f1_champ

Banned
Shadow2531 said:
Here's how you do it.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<!-- This page is not going to validate, so just using a doctype that invokes standards mode; nothing more. -->
<html>
    <head>
        <title>IE only</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <!--[if !IE]> <-->
            <p>I am sorry. I do not know how to code properly and I used FrontPage to code this page.  It looks like crap in all browsers except Internet Explorer and I believe in "all or nothing". If you want to get anything out of this page, use Internet Explorer.</p>
        <!--> <![endif]-->
        <!--[if IE]>
        <![endif]-->
    </body>
</html>
LMAO (y)

Shadow2531 said:
Here's how you do it.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <title>IE only</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <!--[if !IE]> <-->
        <!--> <![endif]-->
        <!--[if IE]>
        <![endif]-->
    </body>
</html>
That's totally silly, but there you go.

At least use some other editor like nvu or dreamweaver.
LOL, good one(y) (y) :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online