Make computer standby when on login screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeDanDave75

Is there any way to do this? Because when you log out, the computer will sit endlessly at the login screen even if your accounts have it set to standby. Is there some way to make it do this with a 'master' account for power options?

I am tired of my kids leaving the computers on all day because they don't know that when they log out, the computer stays on.

Thanks.

MikeDanDave75

But the computer is still on...

I am more concered about the heat it gives off (which is a lot) then the energy it uses (which is hardly noticeable on the bill). I don't want to use the AC more often because the computer is acting like a heated in the living room.

So there is absolutely no way for this stupid operating system to put itself on standby when no account is on?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online