1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Make folder contents always show as "List" not "Tiles"?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joeAgain------, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joeAgain------

joeAgain------ Thread Starter

I use XP Pro....
    I keep my audio files in folders. And I don't know why every now and then when I open these folders all the files show in "Tile mode". I hate that and always convert them all to "List mode". But in a few days they go back to all showing in "Tile mode" again.

Is there a way to make all the contents of folders Always show in "List mode"?

2. Dan O

Dan O

The option "Remember each folder Setting" within My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, and View tab should do the trick.

3. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

Do you mean apply setting to all folders? which is under
    tools
    folder options
    view tab

4. joeAgain------

joeAgain------ Thread Starter

Thanks, Dan
    I had done that already. But what I hadn't done(and just now found does the trick) is to go into one of the folders, reset the files to "List" again....and then click on "Apply To All Folders".

Thanks....with your help I found it.

5. Dan O

Dan O

What you did it great!

The option I mentioned is an Advanced option, which you need to scroll down the list of them to find it. It allows each individual folder to be different.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!