1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

make old web page mobile friendly.

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by americamba, May 5, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. americamba

americamba Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a couple of landing pages (to land on from adwords) that I built eons ago in simple html. Now I see from ad words feedback graphs that almost all the clicks to them come from mobile phones. Is there some kind of fix to make them work better for phones?

thanks, Frank

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    If you are talking about the sites in the footer of your post then you have a lot of work to do.

Both use tables for layout which need to be changed. The both have code errors and the second has over 200 errors on the page which need resolving. Mobile friendly can be accomplished pretty easily with CSS and your sites make little use of this.

My advice would be to start again designing for mobile from day one. It also gives you the chance to refresh the sites look.

See errors here and here

3. JiminSA

JiminSA

Excellent advice from @colinsp and furthermore I would advise you to look into Bootstrap for your mobile deisgn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice