Make Passwords Always Visible???

BearKiller

I found this but I think it only changes the password in question and not all across the board:

https://lifehacker.com/easily-reveal-hidden-passwords-in-any-browser-5946529

Does anyone know if it is a one-password fix, or does performing the trick on a single password apply to all of them ?

I would like to make all of my browsers show the actual text instead of the aggravating little dots when I type in a password.

I have Chrome, FireFox, and PaleMoon.

If anyone knows of a one fix for all passwords, I would appreciate knowing how it is done.

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

You try it and tell us. I don't need it as I constantly have people peering over my partitions at work,

BearKiller

Well, in Chrome, I tried the instructions in the link in my first post; and, unless I am missing something, the method only works for the moment at hand.
I double-clicked "password" and replaced it with "text" ; when I then clicked on an open area to commit my renaming, the actual text characters replaced the dots and revealed my password.
I then entered the site and browsed a few pages, logged out, created a new tab and logged in again and there were those silly dots again.
I tried it three times and came at it from different angles and never could get the fix to stick.

Is there an Apply button in the Inspect Element dialogue that I am not seeing ?

From a security standpoint, I would not advise making passwords always visable on the web browser. Visable being visible, that is. When passwords are visible on the browser, they can be more easily breached in person or by online scripts. Passwords that are not visible are generally more secure. There are certain browser options, possibly through extensions that can make passwords visible for a short amount of time and then hide them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online