1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Make user member of domain

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by plejon, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

Probably an easy one, but I can't figure it out.

In our company, we have Windows Small Business Server 2008

We have bought a new PC with Win 8 Pro installed, the first one with Win8. How can I create a user account that is part of our domain?

I have been able to make the PC a member of the domain.
    I have been able to create a local account, and I can create a "microsoft" account. Both use different paswords than the one used in the users domain account.

But how can I create an account in the style MYDOMAIN\MYUSER and with the domain password?

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Hello, domain users are created at the local Domain Controller in ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers). Unless you are a domain admin you cannot do that.

The Cleaver

3. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

Yes, I understand that domain users are created on the sevrer, the account actually exists.

So I have an existing user on our COMPANY domain, say jjoner. In older windows versions, I logged him in with COMPANYDOMAIN\jjones and his domain pasword.

On the new Win 8 machine, a microsoft account has been created, called [email protected], with a different pasword.

So how do I get Win8 to understand that I want to use the domain account COMPANYDOMAIN\jjones with the pasword used in the domain?

4. CleaverX

CleaverX

when the computer boots to the logon screen, choose 'Other user' then in the user name type companydomain\jjones and provide the password in the lower box. If you don't see the 'Other user' option, click the back arrow to get to that screen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1131932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice