1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MakeFile Help

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Drawmack, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Drawmack

Drawmack Thread Starter

nmake is giving me an error I cannot correct. The error is:
    LINK : fatal error LNK1117: syntax error in option "opt:ref,icf"
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x16'

and then it stops. I cannot get this to make. I have tried all of the following (to no avail):
    -opt:ref.icf
    -opt:ref:icf
    and just deleting this

None of these has corrected the problem. The first two resulted in the same error (but with the minor change you would expect). The third resulted in telling me my disk was full (which it is not any where near).

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. AGCurry

AGCurry

It's tough without being able to see the whole thing.

Is your purpose to indicate that "opt" depends on "ref" and "icf"? If so, the syntax would be:

opt: ref icf

hope this helps.

3. Drawmack

Drawmack Thread Starter

I am guessing that your suggestiong fixed the problem I was having because now I get another error. My new error is:
    I am attaching the makefile and the MakeFile.pl script (which generates the makefile) to this post in a zip file for completeness.

Thank you for you help.

Attached Files:

4. AGCurry

AGCurry

Drawmack, that is one heck of a make file.

From the error messages, looking at the make file, I'd say your problems are here:

LDDLFLAGS = -dll -nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref icf -libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86

LDFLAGS = -nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref icf -libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86

The "-opt:ref icf" doesn't look kosher. In your first post, I was thinking that you were MAKEing "opt". Now I see you're not.

Obviously, the linker simply does not like the -libpath and -opt options, or the syntax is incorrect for those options. You need to consult the documentation for your linker.

5. Drawmack

Drawmack Thread Starter

Thank you very much, I'll dig around and see what I can find in the docs.

6. Drawmack

Drawmack Thread Starter

I went into the make file and did a global search and replace with ,icf to '' then namke made and installed the file with no problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/385394